At Veritas, we believe PR is antiquated. Instead, we pride ourselves in being earned media specialists that leverage the credibility of third-parties to protect and amplify a company or brand. In fact, our number one mission is finding and activating influencers who impact purchase decisions, and ultimately drive the bottom line for our clients.
If you are the most influential in your discipline, we would love to hear from you. We are part of the MDC Partners network and are currently looking for the best talent that agency has to offer.
As a Senior Consultant, you have a real passion for beauty and lifestyle verticals and will be responsible for understanding customers online, their digital needs and goals and measuring their success. You will participate in the development of the strategy and oversee the tactical implementation of the program and serve as the day to day contact for clients.
- Interprets PR briefs and develops campaigns/PR plans that are on strategy and can translate the strategic direction to account team
- Develops pitch ideas and successfully pitches media and social media tactics to client
- Maintains and monitors workflow assignments on all projects
- Develops budget models, understands and creates invoices
- Accurately tracks time and submits time sheets regularly as required
- Advanced understanding of time tracking, invoicing system, account budgets and ensuring projects are completed within assigned timelines
- Interacts with clients on a daily basis and participates in discussions around campaign strategy and plans
- Provides leadership, training and direction to Consultants and proactively assists the team in delivery of project elements
- Proactively identifies problems/opportunities early and advises team appropriately
- Understands all types of PR tactics (incl. social and online) and their specific value to programs
- Drafts and edits press releases, backgrounders, pitch and new business documents etc.
- Assists in identifying potential organic growth opportunities and new business targets that are consistent with the strategic direction of the agency
- Solid understanding of agency offerings in order to best serve existing clients (upsell and cross sell opportunities)
- Participates in new business pitches and liaise with new business prospects, as required
- Collaborates with team on providing creative solutions for clients and overall agency
- Analyzes media coverage for clients.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree; Post Graduate PR Diploma is an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- Advanced understanding of all measurement tools including MR2P
- Advanced communication skills with emphasis on highly developed writing and editing abilities
- Significant knowledge of the current media landscape and players
- Demonstrated understanding of social media tools and community
- Solid communication abilities, including writing and editing
- Ability to undertake activities with minimal to no direction (works autonomously)
- Ability to manage a variety of projects at the same time (multi-tasking)
- Solid understanding of the industry and competitive environment
- Problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Advanced research and media analysis skills
- A competitive base salary and comfortable working environment
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Group RRSP matching
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- Endless treats
- Send your CV to us directly via email at: email@example.com
- We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting role, we will only contact those we are interested in meeting.